Thursday, January 20, 2011

Everything New

I've started college recently. Have to say it's rather fun, but it's only been the first week, I won't hold out that it can get worse as the semester continues. However, all of my focus is on a trip to Florida I am taking in February for a week. I'm going to spend the week with a very old friend and we're celebrating his birthday. A trip to Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure...and all the madness inbetween. I can't wait to see him again. It's going to be a wonderful reunion.

Now, for the writing. Honestly, I haven't been writing much -- nothing came out right, and if it did, I found I couldn't continue writing it. I've found that when things in my life aren't straightened out, any sort of creative communication I wish to express gets tangled and caught up and I am unable to express myself. Negative energy, eh?

Regardless, I'm still writing, even currently (just set aside time to type up this blog post), and I've gone way back to the beginning of the sequel, to pan everything out, flesh out the story, introduce new characters, express characters and their motives, and just general start the ball rolling in a way that would get me -- and anyone else -- to want to keep reading it.

I'm absolutely exhausted so I'm going to finish typing up these scene and head to bed. Oh, and yes, I've changed the layout of my site. What do you think?

-Sheron Parris

1 comment:

  1. I'm liking the new look.

    Im thinking that the stresses of Christmas and New Year have wiped out a lot of people. My creativity is somewhat lacking too. Either my brain doesnt function or my writing sounds so boring it will make for great bedtime material (in other words, I read a paragraph and start falling asleep).

    Good to hear you are having a good time at College and the trip to Florida sounds great. Any chance I can stowaway? ;)

    ReplyDelete