Thursday, June 7, 2012

The Process, Thoughts, and Mind of S.C. Parris

Pen names, writing tools, different genre ideas, how these are to be implemented, it's all a matter of choice, isn't it? As I'm knee deep in the middle of Chapter Fifteen of The Immortal's Guide, re-visiting previously written sentences, dialogue, structure, and character thoughts, ideals, and needs, I'm hard pressed to think about all I have done thus far, all I have accomplished, and the long road ahead that will require much more stamina and dedication than the last book required.
First page of The Dark World novel.
S.C. Parris came to me by simply initializing, quite literally, the initials of my first name and the then middle name of mine (I've since then come to realize I have no middle name; thank you birth certificate; no thank you, mother for misleading me for all these years), and my mother's maiden name and voilà! The pen name for my Fantasy series was born.
Since then, I've worked on other novels, other short stories, and other books, but I've decided to go with Sheron Parris for them. Why? Well I feel S.C. Parris is a part of me that loves the macabre, shuns the mundane, relishes in the struggle, delights in death, mourns in life, and above all FEELS. I think you'll be hard pressed to find any work of mine that does not deal with life or death situations, drastic change, the parting of ways, or the intense joining of two or more souls. S.C. Parris, I like to think, is my writing mind - the place I go to when I sit down to literally pen, or type my latest fantastic thoughts, or my Vampire's troubles.
Sheron Parris however is quite mundane, but with just a touch of fantastic ideals. Her characters shall be realistic with a bit of grandiose ideas thrown in for good measure, but I deem their adventures to be fairly simple - well as simple as adventures can get. They will be the characters and worlds of the modern day and age, but if there are secrets and just the sliver of the different and drastic, then there they are - for one cannot admit real life is any bit less than the fantasy worlds they create can they?

So there you have it. The reason behind S.C. Parris. So when you see another book I have out there, perhaps Judgment shall be next or another version of X, don't be surprised when it's under Sheron Parris; you'd already know what to expect from it. :)

And one last thing before I go, a lovely friend of mine by the name of Leah has recently started talking to me about a book she's writing. We've been sharing ideas and such as well. :) Here's her blog:
A Literary Inferno
Don't be a stranger, now. She'll be writing about her process, her thoughts on writing and such as well before she self-publishes. Help her out some?

Ah yes, and I plan to do a few videos regarding my books, and a few regarding acting and my music when I have any more down time. (Or I just stop being plain lazy.) :)

Keep it tuned, lovely writers. :) And never stop writing!

-S.C./Sheron Parris

No comments:

Post a Comment