Thursday, September 2, 2010

Writing And Not Getting Distracted

Things have recently settled down and I just want to thank everyone that commented on my blog when I was M.I.A. for a bit.

I recently started writing again. I just happened to be in the bathroom (sorry), when the thought came to me to add more to a specific scene in my sequel. I wrote as much as I could and went up to bed. (It was miserably late.) I'm pretty happy with what I came up with, it moves the story along as it should.

Hum. As for Authonomy, I've recently stopped going on the site once I learned it was only used to peddle the authors there to self-publish. As it stands, only one or two books have actually been published by HarperCollins once they reached the Editor's Desk, and the people there aren't interested in your work -- and if they are, it's usually followed by a "I backed you, so you back me." The design and purpose of the site is faulty and I don't see the pleasure in manipulating others just to get higher in "rankings" so I can get to the famed "Editor's Desk" just to struggle to stay on the Top 5, only to be glanced at by Editors and never published. The amount of "Self-Publish Your Book Here" Ads on the site should have raised some alarms from me sooner, but I ignored them. Like one person said, Authonomy is one huge Slush Pile.

And instead of wasting my time there, I've decided to write, write, write, and write some more. Again, thank all of you who commented with support during my trying time. I appreciate you all and wish you the best in your writing careers.

Take it easy you lovely people.

Sheron Parris

1 comment:

  1. Come to Scribophile... Yes they have self publishing ads but those are Google ads :)

    Plus, the feedback I have had on there has been invaluable to my writing.

    ReplyDelete